|Why Problems Do Not Solve
Your mind is like a powerful computer. It's job is to solve problems so you can enjoy a successful life. Unfortunately, problems in life can
freeze or clog your computer.
In a 1951 handbook, L. Ron Hubbard wrote these exercises to help you improve the performance of your mind. Give it a try! You might
be amazed at how easily you can solve huge, long-term problems, by yourself, right now, on your own.
The exercise includes 12 questions for which you will need to write down the answers.
"Problems do not solve for two reasons: The first is lack of data; the second is an earlier unsolved problem on the
"This will become clearer to you when you have completed the following exercise."
1. "LIST FIVE PROBLEMS, WITH PEOPLE OR OBJECTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES, WHICH YOU ARE NOT
SOLVING IN THE PRESENT."
2. "NOW LIST WHAT YOU WISH YOU KNEW ABOUT EACH ONE OF THE PROBLEMS ABOVE (THE MISSING
DATA YOU WISH YOU HAD.)"
3. "NOW LIST HOW IMPORTANT YOU NOW FEEL THESE PROBLEMS ACTUALLY ARE OR WHETHER OR NOT
THEY ARE NOW SOLVED."
4. "IF ANY OF THE FIVE PROBLEMS REMAIN UNSOLVED, LIST WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO TO SOLVE
"Now let us take a glance at the past. There are several problems, undoubtedly, which you feel you did not solve.
5. "LIST FIVE PROBLEMS, WITH PEOPLE OR OBJECTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES, WHICH YOU FEEL YOU DID
NOT SOLVE IN THE PAST."
6. "NOW LIST WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAD KNOWN ABOUT EACH ONE OF THE PROBLEMS ABOVE."
7. "NOW LIST HOW IMPORTANT THESE PROBLEMS ACTUALLY ARE TO YOUR PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES."
8. "IF ANY OF THE ABOVE PROBLEMS STILL BOTHER YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE TO DO OR TO KNOW
IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THEM?"
"Let us now take a look at the problems of the future.
9. "LIST FIVE PROBLEMS, WITH PEOPLE OR OBJECTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES, WHICH YOU THINK YOU WILL
HAVE TO SOLVE IN THE FUTURE."
11. "NOW LIST HOW VITAL THESE PROBLEMS MAY BECOME TO YOUR EXISTENCE."
12. "IF ANY OF THE ABOVE PROBLEMS WORRY YOU, IT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT DECIDED UPON YOUR
COURSE OF ACTION. TRY TO LIST YOUR COURSE AS IT WILL PROBABLY BE TAKEN." -- L. Ron Hubbard
Copyright © 2008 TipsForSuccess.org. All rights reserved. Grateful acknowledgment is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce
selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard.
For permission to copy, print or post this article, go to www.tipsforsuccess.org/reprint_info.htm or click here.
To subscribe, buy books, contact us or learn more about TipsForSuccess.org, click here.
TipsForSuccess.org · 615 South Highway 49 · Jackson · CA · 95642